The author of the super cute and fun book The Secret Society of the Pink Crystal Ball is here with us talk about that Pink Crystal Ball and what the future holds. It's got to be one the funniest posts we've ever done. Enjoy!
Oh, and read below for a chance to win a copy of this great book for yourself!
In The Secret Society of the Pink Crystal Ball, Erin Channing inherits, well, a Pink Crystal Ball, (a toy which – follow me here – is almost-exactly-but-not-quite just like a toy that rhymes with Tragic Weight Fall, made by a toy company that rhymes with Schmattel). Anyway, the ball comes with these crazy, cryptic rules that Erin (the boring, smart one) and her two best friends, Samantha (the pretty, blunt one) and Lindsay (the spiritual, picked-on one), have to figure out before they totally mess everything up.
They figure out (a little too late) that you only get to ask the ball eight questions, though. So the question for me is, if I got the Pink Crystal Ball, what eight questions would I ask?
Hmmmm. This is tougher than it sounds. Because the rules about what you can and can’t ask are pretty specific. (I don’t want to give it all away here, but let’s just say that I can’t ask it if there will be world peace, or if I will meet the man of my dreams and have two beautiful, funny, smart, delicious children with hi- oh, wait. That already happened. Oops.). No, the things I can ask the ball need to be a little bit more mundane and, dare I say it, shallow. Not, ya know, because I’m shallow or anything, but just because that’s how the rules work. So here we go. My eight, totally self-absorbed questions for the Pink Crystal Ball (along with the answers that I would expect to see):
- Will the little poochy part of my stomach that appeared after I had kids ever go away? Your future is obscured, you must ask again later. (Really? Because I’ve already been asking this already for nine years…)
- Will my daughter ever eat anything besides macaroni and cheese, plain pasta with butter, and peanut butter and jelly? Yes, it is written in the stars. (OMG. I am so cooking steak. Tonight).
- Will my mother stop complaining that I don’t visit her enough in Florida? The zodiac says no. (Yeah. I kinda knew that would never happen.)
- Will my fifteen month old Wheaten Terrier puppy stop mistaking my shoes for chew toys? It is your destiny… (Halle. Lujah.)
- Will Lego ever stop making new Star Wars sets that cost more than a Gucci purse, so that I can finally go out and get a new purse instead of spending all of my money on Lego Star Wars sets for my son? No, not a chance. (Boy, you don’t mince words, do you Mr. Ball?)
- Will I ever achieve my goal of cutting back on the amount of Wii/computer games/iTouch games that are played in my house on a daily basis? Ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha. Ha. (It’s funny. I get it.)
- Will I ever be able to eat just one tortilla chip? The universe believes you already know the answer to that question…(Yeah, yeah, yeah).
- Will The Secret Society of the Pink Crystal Ball become a best-seller that everyone on the beach will be reading this summer? Only if people buy it, which they can do at www.risagreen.com. (Hey! How’d you do that? That wasn’t one of the answers!)
- Open to U.S. mailing addresses only.
- You receive one (1) extra entry if you are a BCM blog follower.
- Giveaway ends March 22, 2011 at midnight EST.